30 Days, 15 lbs, & 9.5 Inches Later

First 30 Days 

Getting Started (January 1, 2018)

2018 started with a lot of congestion. Sadly a terrible cold had me down for about 4 weeks starting December 28. This really wasn't something I planned for and certainly threw me off my keto game to start the new year. The main thing that it affected was my energy levels, plus it kept me from working out all month which was not ideal (and not the original plan).

In terms of my diet for the first month I did pretty good because I am the queen of stocking up + food prep. ++ My wonderful husband helped me out big time this month by making me lots of healthy lunches + delicious proteins to accompany my low carb veggies & sides. My only downfall all month were a couple small handfuls of popcorn (too many) because we went to the movies so much this month and I caved! But, even though I caved and had some popcorn I still made sure my macros came in on point.

 Keto Flu 

 This was my third time getting keto flu (after 2 short term keto stints during the end of 2017 when I was testing it out). As I was already sick with a terrible cold the added symptoms didn't affect me too much. I also take a magnesium citrate supplement + drink homemade bone broth around this time which helps to keep my electrolytes balanced and makes such a difference. I highly recommend this combo for keto flu & keto beginners.

SO MUCH ENERGY!! 

After having 2 short stints on keto I was so ready to go back when the new year came. During my two breaks from keto I didn't worry about my carb consumption - that being said I didn't go crazy or have much sugar but I still didn't worry as much as I should've. During this time my body felt miserable after getting 'a taste of the keto life.' I was bloated, tired, and regretting my carb consuming decisions. After restarting my keto journey on January 1, 2018 I have been feeling fabulous. My energy levels are back up, my skin is clear, my bloating is gone, I'm thinking more clearly, sleeping better, + did I mention how much more energy I have?!?!?!?! ++ When inches and pounds come off like they did this month it keeps your motivation super strong for heading in to the second month. 

30 Day Results

If every month goes as well as my first one does I will be laughing. In my first 30 keto days I didn't work out, worked some serious stressful long hours, was sick the entire month, + took a 5 day vacation and I still managed to stay on track the entire time. So, as the woman with many excuses for not taking care of herself - I'm here to tell you that if you stay strong, motivated, and keep a healthy mindset - you can do 100% get through the first 30 days and be on your way to (keto) success. So, without further ado here are my results from my first 30 days back on keto + my longest keto stint (10 months to go).

In my first 30 days since restarting my keto journey I am down: 15 lbs, 9.5 inches, and weigh less than I have for the last 3+ years and less than I did on my wedding day. Combined with my 10 lb loss from my two short low carb stints I'm sitting at -25 lbs total since October 27, 2017. 

Moving Forwards 

Now that I'm (finally) not sick anymore February will be filled with exercise. My other main goal for the month is to keep an eye on the type of sugar substitutes in my products and make sure I'm only consuming keto approved low GI sweeteners to make sure I don't plateau. 

Thanks for checking in and I'll be back in a month and reporting after roughly 60 days keto. xo   

Comments

Popular Posts