Easy Avocado Egg Cups - with Guacamole (Keto + Low Carb)

Good Morning fellow ketopians. It has been a couple snowy days around home lately (which is very odd for the beginning of November) so I've been staying inside & trying out some new recipes.

I'd always see different avocado 'vessel' recipes and had even seen similar ones at a restaurant that you scooped out and smoothed over crunchy sourdough.  Since bread is out of the question on Keto I wanted to make something that would be high in fat, low in carbs, and still make you feel just as satisfied (even without the sourdough). 

These are so easy , so delicious, + very awesome macros for keto diet. ++ I would also like to add this isn't what I would consider the ultimate guacamole (which I make a mean one of) its just a super simple version that allows you to use the avocado you scoop out & keep that extra delicious fat in the meal + so delicious with eggs!



 Easy Keto Avocado Egg Cups

Ingredients: 
  • 1 Small Hass Avocado 
  • 4 Slices Cooked (pre-made) Bacon 
  • 1/8 cup (2 TBSP) Shredded Cheese of Choice (I use Double Cheddar) 
  • 1-2 Eggs (depending on size of eggs & avocados) 
  • Dash of salt & pepper, squeeze of lime

Instructions:
  1. Turn oven on to 425 degrees 
  2. Give avocado a wash & cut in half lengthwise so you will have two identical halves 
  3. Remove the pit and scoop out avocado until the hole from the pit has doubled to tripled in size *don't scoop out all the avocado goodness
  4. Set aside avocado scooped out and add a squeeze of lime & dash of salt (this will help it to keep its colour while you cook) + add a little zest (I also like to mix in about 1/2 tsp. fresh cilantro when I have it)
  5. Place avocados on a baking sheet, sometimes you need to gently press the avocado down so that it sits a little bit flatter so the egg won't slip out (trust me, I know) 
  6. Crack your egg (or eggs) in to the hole in the avocado. If you're avocados are bigger and your eggs aren't the ginormous ones I buy then 1 egg per avocado should fit quite well, if you're like me though and got stuck with small avocados and HUGE eggs, I used 1 egg and divided it, one avocado was all white and one was almost all yolk. *This can for real make a mess so be careful - the eggs love to slide out of the avocado and make a nice big mess on the floor if you aren't careful 
  7. Divide cheese evenly over avocados and place in oven (gently!!)
  8. Bake until your eggs are at their desired point, for me I usually like about 8 minutes and my eggs come out with no liquid yolk left (so if you like some yolk keep an eye on them around 4-6 minutes) 
  9. Once eggs are done to desired yolk-iness remove from oven and let cool for 2 - 3 minutes
  10. While you're waiting for them to cool down, mash your little bit of avocado that you scooped out earlier if you haven't done so already 
  11. Plate your avocado eggs with your breakfast guacamole and serve with bacon or cut bacon in to bits (like I do) and sprinkle over everything 
  12.  Sprinkle with salt & pepper
These can be adjusted for your taste and can easily be made spicy (add a little bit of jalapeno), creamy (add hollandaise), or topped with cilantro like I love to do <3

I always recommend checking your own nutritional information as it can vary a little by brand.



Mine came in at 263 calories (with 1 egg, 2 eggs would put you about 330-335), 31g of fat (2 eggs would add 5 more), & 3.2 net carbs!! This has become my favourite Keto breakfast and I eat it every chance I get (so - the weekends I guess). I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!



 


Comments

Popular Posts