Smart Sweets Love + Rave Review


I recently came across these deliciously sweet, natural, chewy, fibre rich gummy bears that I have become so hooked on. They have quickly become my favourite gummy treat and I don't even feel guilty when I eat them thanks to the awesome ingredients & low sugar.

I first heard about this company when I was reading an article about the founder, Tara Bosch, in a natural health magazine. She mentioned something in her interview called the 'bliss point' which intrigued me and kept her interview and this term in the back of mind for weeks to come. Just from that comment I found myself examining food much more carefully which led to me to trying Smart Sweets. The Bliss point is essentially the 'perfect' amount of sweetness in products to send consumers into sugar heaven. Bliss points are engineered in things that shouldn't even be sweet like pasta sauce, bread, and crackers. It is literally an engineered sweetness point to keep us craving and consuming sugar. To learn more about this check out this scary & informative article.

I kept thinking about what she said - the importance of cutting sugar without having to give up candy. + I also thought about how cool that was that she was making low sugar gummies that were natural - BUT I still wasn't 100% sold. I began following their IG and learned that one package of gummies has the equivalent amount of fiber to 6 servings of vegetables! 6 servings! That is 96% of your daily value of fiber! Well now I was sold. I began looking everywhere for them and finally found them at the grocery store closest to my house - which was both a blessing and a curse.

I began by picking up a bag of the regular and the sours to see if I would like them. I've had some other natural candies/food in the years that have been healthier options but they haven't had the best taste or texture. For me, these gummies are a win in all categories. They taste amazing, have a great texture (a little firmer which I LOVE!), and take care of that sweet tooth. The bags are 50 grams and contain only 150 calories (152 for the sour version), 2 grams of sugar, & 24 grams of fiber!  That means almost half the weight of the entire bag of gummies is just fiber! The high fiber comes from tapioca & chicory root which I have to say are genius additions to a sweet snack. Fiber helps to slow digestion and allow you to feel full for longer so even though the bag is only 50 grams it is a very filling snack.+ An entire bag is 9g of net carbs keto friends!!+ + They are free from dairy, soy, gluten, nuts, GMO's, sugar alcohols, and anything artificial. 



Ingredients: Soluble dietary fibre (tapioca), gelatin, chicory root fibre, citric acid, stevia, natural apple flavour, natural lemon flavour, natural raspberry flavour, natural peach flavour, carrot, beta carotene, coconut oil, carnauba wax (+fumaric acid, malic acid, lactic acid for sours)

These gummies are $3.99 (50 G) each everywhere I have seen them. Since buying my first couple bags I have had to limit myself because I'm embaressed to tell you how much money I spent on them in two weeks. I for real need a bulk amount of these! I tried two different kinds, as mentioned, regular and the sour versions and both were amazing. The sours are totally sour and I love that its made with natural acids, not sour sugar like cherry blasters for example.

I absolutely love these tasty little treats and would eat them for breakfast if my wallet (& husband) would allow it.  These will be coming soon to well.ca, but can also be purchased in almost any grocery store or health food store, + from their website directly.

I am so impressed with this products & company. The founder only just celebrated her 23rd birthday and is a true girl boss (so many props Tara). + I forgot to mention they are a local Canadian company (yay local!) based out of beautiful Vancouver.

I hope you try out these amazing gummies if healthier options are important to you and you have a sweet tooth like I do. Excuse me while I go buy and devour another package, all this writing has worked up a gummy bear appetite.

**Disclaimer: This blog post was written 100% by me, myself, and I. All opinions are my own and honest. I do not have any affiliation with this brand. All products were purchased with my own money.

Comments

Popular Posts