Low Carb Mini Angel Foodcakes Toppings 3 Ways (100% Keto Approved!)

Mother's Day is tomorrow which has led to me having strawberry shortcake on the brain. As a kid my private school would always host a Mother's Day lunch (which was actually just dessert) where the kids (that's me!) would get to make their own mom a special strawberry shortcake. Knowing me - the one I made probably had way too much whipped cream but my mom never complained.

This weekend I wanted to make a delicious decadent dessert that would be sure to make any company happy (that being said I won't be going anywhere for Mother's Day because my mom(s) live so far away but I wanted to participate none the less). I didn't create the Angel Food Cake recipe (find recipe here) but next time I probably will because I found this one to be a little bit dry. That being said it was really the toppings that stole the show anyways. 

I made one Angel Food Cake into several mini-cakes and topped them with the following: Organic Meyer Lemon Cheesecake & Triple Berry Compote, Organic Earl Grey & Vanilla Bean Infused Whipped Cream, & one with just Triple Berry Compote to have a dairy free option. 

Organic Sweet Meyer Lemon Cheesecake Filling

Ingredients: 
  • 1 brick of cream cheese
  • 1 Organic Meyer Lemon 
  • 2 TBSP Whipping Cream 
  • 1 TBSP Swerve Confectioners Sweetener 
Instructions: 
  1. Mix all ingredients together with a hand mixer until everything is 100% emulsified (easy right). 
    Serve on top of or inside of Mini Angel Food Cake  
 Nutrition Info: Yields 8 Servings. 115 calories per serving, 11.6g of fat!, 2.1g net carbs, & 2.1 g protein

Organic Triple Berry (Low Carb) Compote *dairy free*

Ingredients:
  • 150g organic Strawberries 
  • 100g organic blueberries 
  • 50g organic raspberries 
  • juice from 1/2 an organic lemon + a little zest 
  • 1 TBSP Swerve Confectioners Sweetener 

Instructions:
  1. Add all washed and cut fruit to a heavy bottom pot on low 
  2. Continue to cook down until all the water has come out of the berries and mash fruit with a masher 
  3. Add lemon juice and Swerve and continue to reduce about 5 minutes until desired thickness 
  4. Set aside and allow to cool before serving. You can use this as both filling & topping 
 Nutritional Info: Yields about 1 cup of compote (depending on how much you reduce it) I went with 1 TBSP per serving (16 servings). Calories: 8.2, net carbs - 1.4g, protein is negligble
 Mini Angel Food Cakes with an Iced London Fogg

Organic Early Grey & Vanilla Bean Infused Whipped Cream

Ingredients:
  • 2 Earl Grey Tea Bags (I like using Stash non-gmo double bergamot) 
  • 2 cups (Heavy Fat) Organic Whipping Cream 
  • 1/8 tsp. Organic Vanilla Bean Powder (I use Organic Traditions) 
  • 5 drops liquid Stevia (I use Organika because it doesn't have any bitterness like some stevia) 

Instructions: (follow super carefully)
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a heavy bottom pot over the lowest heat possible  
  2. Allow to warm up for about 10 minutes - the tea bags will start to release their goodness when it warms up  
  3. Stir frequently to ensure that it doesn't get too hot and remove from heat as soon as you can squeeze the goodness out of the tea bags  
  4. Transfer immediately to a chilled bowl and put in the fridge for 3+ hours (it needs to cool completely or it will separate when you whip it)  
  5. Whip it up!! This is one of my favourite treats for all kinds of things and it seriously makes you look like a kitchen witch when you serve it to your guests or take it to parties <3 

Nutritional Info: Yields 2 cups. 1/4 cup per mini Angel Food cake is perfect making this 8 servings (for macro purposes). Calories: 87.5, 4.6g fat, 0.44g carbs, 0.33g protein 

I hope you all enjoy these as much as I did! They are all delicious and depending on your tastes I know you will have a favourite out of the 3 of them. They Meyer Lemon is great for those who like a little bit of tartness, the Early Grey is amazing for something a little richer, & the Triple Berry is deicious & a great dairy free option to have. 

Disclaimer: All macros were calculated by myself but I always recommend doing your own as things can vary by brand. I also didn't calculate the macros for the Angel Food so you will need to do that (it is so super low carb & calorie though so don't worry!). + I have no affiliations to any of the brands I mentioned. I just love their products and they are staples in my kitchen. Have a lovely rest of your weekend <3  

Comments

Popular Posts