Low Carb Butterbeer Two Ways

Growing up I was a big Harry Potter nerd. Who am I kidding.. at (almost) 27 I'm still a huge Harry Potter nerd. Three years ago my husband and I went to Harry Potter World at Universal Studios in Anaheim where I was able to try the most delicious drink in the Harry Potter world - Butterbeer. They offered it two ways - one was more of a blended frappe and the other was a delicious soda version served with lots of foam (see below).


Reading the books I always wondered what Butterbeer would taste like and it was really a bucket list moment to get to be at the park and try it. + We got to shop in 'Hogsmeade' and do many other amazing things. Recently I have found myself craving Butterbeer again so I did my best two recreate two versions so I could enjoy it at home.


Creamy Keto Butterbeer Milkshake

Ingredients: 
  • 1/4 cup Low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream (I usually do Chapmans) 
  • 1/4 cup Whipping Cream 
  • 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk 
  • 1 cup Ice 
  • 1/4 tsp. Butter Rum Flavour 
  • 1/4 tsp. Butterscotch Flavour 
Instructions: 
  1. Put it all in a blender and mix it up!! Easy right? 
  2. Optional: Rim a glass with low carb caramel for extra decadence (+ it looks really cool) 
Now, I will warn you this creamy version is a bit heavier on the carbs - but it is delicious & so worth it + it is a milkshake so what do you expect. This recipe comes in @ 188 calories, 7.5g net carbs, 44g of fat!, &  5.1g protein. This is my favourite of the two versions but obviously isn't an everyday thing - the next recipe however..

Refreshing & Sweet Butterbeer (0 Carbs)

Ingredients:
  • 1 can Club Soda (or LaCroix Unflavoured) 
  • 1/4 tsp Butter Rum Flavour 
  • 1/4 tsp Butterscotch Flavour 
  • 5-10 drops Liquid Stevia (I like mine @ 5 but you might like it a little sweeter)
Instructions: 
  1. Add flavour & stevia to a glass full of ice 
  2. Pour in soda water & stir 
  3. Enjoy! 
This Butterbeer recipe is much lighter but still offers that sweetness & delicious flavour you want. It has 0 carbs and 0 calories. ENJOY!! 


Comments

Popular Posts