Low Carb (Keto) Bacon Waffles with Cream Cheese Glaze(Sugar Free)

When I went keto there weren't too many things I missed but slowly I began to miss waffles more and more. Thankfully I now have a couple recipes that allows me to keep them in my diet (including sweet & savory versions).

There are many low carb keto friendly recipes out there for pancake/waffle batter but none of the ones I tried held a candle to this New Hope Mills Pancake/Waffle Mix. I scored this on The Low Carb Grocery while it was in stock one day and I have been stalking the website since to see when I can order more and stock up. I also found my Vermont Sugar Free Butter Flavour 'Maple' Syrup which were both key for pulling  this recipe off in less than 20 minutes.


Low Carb Waffles

 Follow instructions on the box. My tips:

If you like heavier waffles leave the water amount the way it is you will yield 2 waffles. If you like lighter fluffier waffles (like me) I stretch the recommended 1/3 cup water to just shy of 1/2 cup and I get 3 waffles. 1/2 cup (2 or 3 waffles depending on water) is only 10 g of net carbs!

You will also need to add oil to this, my recommendation is avocado oil or coconut mct oil. You can also make your own waffle recipe if you would prefer.

To make Bacon Waffles: Once batter is mixed, incorporate 1/4 cup bacon bits (homemade or store bought). If you would prefer you can add sugar free chocolate chips, blueberries, or raspberries instead of bacon. 

Get waffles going on waffle iron while you make the glaze.

served with Supercharged Collagen Coffee

Sugar Free Maple Cream Cheese Glaze

  • 3 oz Cream Cheese (the higher the fat % the better) 
  • 1/4 cup Vermont Sugar Free Butter Flavour Syrup 
  • 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream  
Mix cream cheese and syrup with a hand mixer until fully mixed and smooth. Add whipping cream and mix for 15-30 seconds. You don't want to mix too long because the whipping cream helps to thin out the mixture and make it creamer. However,  you would prefer it thicker mix for longer.

This was such a decadent breakfast full of fats and low on carbs. The sweet & salty bacon waffles were incredible and this is one of my new (if not the) favourite breakfast(s).

I always recommend calculating your own macros depending on brand but my Cream Cheese Glaze came in @ 311 calories, 87% fat, 5% carbs, and 8% protein. This yields about 1/4 cup which is enough for 3 waffles so each serving comes in @ 104 calories, 18 g fat, 1 g net carbs, and about 1.6 g protein. Enjoy!! <3

and when served with 1 (of 3) waffle(s) came in @  298 calories, 4.6g net carbs, 28g of fat, and 11.6g of protein.

Top them with anything else you like - more whipped cream, fresh berries, more bacon bits - just make sure you add them on to your macros. Make sure you try this recipe! I promise you'll thank me later.

Disclaimer: This recipe was created by myself with products I purchased. I have no affiliations to the brands or companies mentioned in this post.  All opinions and calculations are my own.



Comments

Popular Posts