Low Carb Organic Hibiscus Watermelon & Collagen Gummies

Since going keto the main thing I miss is my chewy candy. There are some good keto substitutes out there but even they can be too high in carbs to incorporate for snacking on the regular. I've tried a couple different recipes and so far these have easily been my favourite. I like to add marine collagen for the anti-aging & beauty benefits but this is a totally optional ingredient. I do find gummies a great place to add wellness powders like maca, magnesium citrate, or collagen (as mentioned).



Organic Hibiscus Watermelon & Collagen Gummies


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup boiled water 
  • 1 (organic) hibiscus tea bag (I like to use
  •  4 tbsp. gelatin/collagen (I used
  • 1/4 tsp. concentrated watermelon flavour (or other flavour of choice if watermelon isn't your thing) 
  • 1 scoop collagen or marine collage (I used my favourite marine collagen
  • Optional: 
    • 1 tsp citric acid (if you'd like sour gummies) 
    •  a couple drops liquid stevia if you want them sweet

Instructions:

  1. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil 
  2. Steep hibiscus tea bag for 5 minutes before removing 
  3. Add flavour,  (1 scoop) collagen (marine/grass fed beef), citric acid (if desired), and stevia (if desired) 
  4. Slowly whisk in 1 tbsp. of gelatin/collagen at a time until all 4 tbsp. is fully incorporated 
  5. Fill molds with gelatin mix and refrigerate for an hour or until gummies pop out of mold easily (4 gummy bear molds did it for me)
  6. Enjoy!!  
I always recommend calculating your own macros depending on brands used but no matter which brands you use I know you will be happy with how low (basically no) carbs these gummies are. + If you want gummies that are really firm up your recipe to 5 tbsp. These come out more like jello but way less sweet and with beautiful hibiscus flavour & colour <3 + You are getting all of the benefits of collagen (check out this link if you want to learn more about what makes collagen so awesome!).




Comments

Popular Posts