Monthly Weigh In - February 2018

Officially 60 days keto with no crashing or strays from the keto diet. Carbs have been on track all month and February was spent evaluating the kind of sweeteners in some of my favourite products. 60 days in and my energy is off the charts, I feel amazing, my clothes are getting too big, and I'm really starting to master my diet and macros. (whoop whoop!)

In February I had a couple days of insane fat burning thanks to snow shoeing which helped with some of my losses but also helped build some extra muscle in my calves (which isn't needed) so my calves are a thick 18inches each and they aren't going anywhere unless I start wasting away and losing muscle mass (which isn't going to happen). I only mention this because it looks like my overall inch loss aren't as great as it could be and that's because my calves didn't & won't be going anywhere.

So without further a do here are my 60 days in measurements.
  • Weight: -10 lbs
  • Bust - 0.25 inches
  • Stomach/Mid - 3.5 inches!!!!
  • Hips - 1
  • Thighs - 1
  • Arms - 0.75
  • Calves  0 
  • Neck (first month measuring) 

So overall, in February I lost 10 lbs and 6.5 inches. Woo hoo! At first I wished for more but then realized that any progress is progress and I need to start using other things to track my losses. Remembering that any progress is progress got me thinking about things I would have done during my first 2 months to help me see those small differences more *see Keto Beginner Tips below

+ I had a week stall that only just ended so that was an entire week without the scale moving.

60 days in and still loving my keto journey and diet. The longer I'm on keto the better I get at figuring out what works best for the diet & my body. I will be keeping this lifestyle until Mexico in November - so if I keep up my average losses of 10lbs - I will have lost 110 lbs by the time we leave. One of my biggest motivations - how many tacos I'm going to eat in Mexico and have 0 guilt for.

Keto Beginner Tips

  1. Sometimes when you see other peoples monthly results you can get disappointed in your own but it is so important to remember everyone's body is different. Any progress is progress and it takes your body time to get in to ketosis and that amount of time can vary for different people. For this reason try  to give yourself at least a 100 day keto goal. 
  2. Take pictures. To some this is more simple than others. I haven't been big on selfies and pictures since I was in my late teens/early twenties - partially because I didn't like any of them. This is something that I need to get over because looking at pictures can really show your progress (no matter how small). When you look at yourself everyday you tend not to notice some of the differences so even try to pick the same outfit to wear in your pictures week after week (or month after month, however you prefer). 
  3. DRINK YOUR WATER! I know this seems like such an obvious one but it is so crucial for your body to work properly and especially when entering/maintaining keto. I am usually really good but I know if I have a day where my H2O intake is low - I feel like crap and it stalls up my losses. Drinking a minimum of 2 liters of water everyday will help to keep the keytones flushing from your liver (to provide energy) and keep your losses on track + helps to keep your body functioning properly in so many ways. 
  4. Take a Magnesium Citrate supplement. Did you know that magnesium is required for over 300 bio-chemical reactions within the body!? Oh, and in North America about 75% of the population is deficient in magnesium. Taking Magnesium when starting keto helps to balance your lost electrolytes and relieve symptoms of keto flu. When restarting my keto journey in January (2018) drinking bone broth + taking Magnesium Citrate allowed me to stave off keto flu all together. *not all magnesium supplements are the same. take a high quality powdered form  like Natural Calm or AOR Magnesium Synergy. + if you shop @ well.ca you can use my code: KetoCrystal to save $10 off your $40 order (+ be sure to spend $35 and you will qualify for free shipping). 
  5. Invest in a supplement that will support your heart health. I take an organic seabuckthorn supplement to help keep my heart in tip top shape even when on a high fat diet. I noticed lots of keto's who were brave enough to share their blood test results all had something in common after maintaining the keto diet for a year or more - and that is increased LDL (bad) cholesterol and higher blood pressure. I opt for seabuckthorn over traditional fish oils for several reasons. Seabuckthorn is organically & sustainably grown, where as fish oils come from a wide variety of sources (some rather low quality including farmed fish and potentially radiated fish) + there is the mercury concentration to think about with fish oil. Seabuckthorn Oils reduce inflammation and address liver, skin, and digestive health in addition to all of the heart health benefits. ++ It helps to keep you regular + reduces arterial plaque/buildup + lowers LDL cholesterol which are what make it a keto supplement win for me. + it comes in liquid form which is more beneficial for nutrient absorption. *available @ well.ca (use code: KetoCrystal to save $10 on your order of $40+), amazon.ca, & sbtseabuckthorn.com 

Now that my keto journey is well under way I'm so excited to get to share my tips and tricks with you + share my knowledge & passion in health & wellness with you all <3  I'll be back at the end of March for my next monthly weigh in.

*disclaimer: I work for SBT Seabuckthorn, the manufacturer of the Single Source Supplement. Although I work for this amazing natural company all information is true and the opinion is my own. I do not receive commission or incentives for posting - this product has just genuinely helped me in so many ways and has so many great heart benefits. If you want to learn more or get a second opinion I urge you to - Seabuckthorn is an amazing plant with even better benefits + it has been well documented in Tibetan Medical Literature since the 8th century for its healing abilities.

Comments

Popular Posts