Low Carb Vegan Black (Turtle) Bean Brownies

Brownies have always been one of my favourite treats. This weekend I was making non-keto brownies for the boys and decided that I wanted some too. I had just picked up a couple cans of black turtle beans (for only $0.77 each) so I thought I would adjust my old black bean brownies to see if I couldn't make a delicious keto version. These were so delicious and just melt in your mouth. + They are packed with healthy ingredients like high fibre black turtle beans, antioxidant rich organic cocoa powder, & EFA (essential fatty acid) rich chia seeds.

These brownies are dairy free, gluten free, flourless, & vegan! <3


Black (Turtle) Bean Brownies  

  • 1 1/2 cups rinsed black turtle beans
  • 2 tbsp. organic raw cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp. chia seeds 
  • 2 tbsp. water 
  • 1/4 tsp. salt 
  • 3 tsp. swerve 
  • 1/4 cup coconut MCT Oil (or avocado oil if you'd prefer) 
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract (I like to use this brand
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
Instructions: 
  1. Mix chia seeds and water and allow to sit for 10 minutes. This will form a gel that will help hold the brownies together so make sure you allow it to sit until it gels. 
  2. Set over to 350 and grease a small baking dish (I used 8 x 4) and set aside 
  3. Add all ingredients to a food processor/vitamix 
  4. Mix until fully combined and smooth 
  5. Pour in to prepared baking dish and smooth out so that the batter is even
  6. Optional: Top with sugar free chocolate chips (like Lily's) 
  7. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean 
  8. Allow to cool and top with keto icing (2 tbsp lily's chocolate chips to 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil) 
  9.  Top with slivered almonds or more chocolate & enjoy  



These brownies are full of fiber and healthy fats & antioxidants which make them a guilt free treat. They totally hit the spot and are so soft they are just like fudge brownies. If you like your brownies sweeter you may choose to add more swerve or even chocolate chips to the mixture before pouring in pan. 

I always recommend calculating your own carbs (because of differences from brand to brand) but mine came in at only 855 calories for the entire pan. I divided it up in to 8 servings which worked out to 107 calories each, 4.5 g net carbs per brownie,6.25g of fat, and 4.25g of protein. 




Comments

Popular Posts