100 Days Keto! -27 lbs & 20.75 inches down

A year ago I hadn't even herd of the keto diet until I stumbled across a blogger who had lost 50 lbs in a year following the diet. I was so impressed with her results and after following her instagram and seeing the kinds of foods she was able to eat and still lose weight (even without working out) I was sold.

Just because I was sold on the idea didn't mean I was ready. It was right before my husband and I were going out of town for our anniversary and only a few weeks before Christmas. I told myself I wasn't going to make any commitments until January 1 because I knew Christmas away from home was going to be hard, as was our anniversary trip and I didn't want to be down on myself for caving or deprive myself from whatever may be around at Christmas time.

So, with full intentions of not making it through the holidays I started the keto diet to get myself ready for the new year. During this time I discovered new foods and recipes and learned everything I needed to know. From the day I started (October 27, 2017) to our anniversary weekend (beginning of December) I lost 10 lbs. When we left town I didn't go too crazy on the carbs but I was definitely not following the keto diet by any stretch. When we came home I followed a low carb diet again until Christmas and by this time I was down a total of 15lbs.

Christmas came and went and when all was said and done I only gained 3 lbs back. Then came January 1st, the day it was all starting over. My fridge was stocked and I was ready to follow my keto diet 100%. I didn't have many goals when I started other than to follow keto until I leave for Mexico in November. If I lost 30 lbs I would be happy - if I lost 50 lbs obviously I would be happier, but I had no set number - any losses were going to be considered victories no matter how big or small.

I had no expectations of losing 25lbs in 100 days but that is what happened and I couldn't be more grateful! January I lost 14, February I lost 6, and March I lost another 5. Overall I'm also down 20.75 inches - that's almost two feet! I weigh 20(+) lbs less than I did on my wedding day and weigh roughly what I did about 5 years ago.



During my 100 days I have had times where I went over on my carbs, didn't count my calories, and ate one handful (or two..okay or three or four) of popcorn to many - and I still lost 25 lbs.

Starting at my 100 day mark I will be getting a gym pass to really get the ball rolling and see how much more I can lose before Mexico in November. The first 25lbs came off super easy and I'm crossing my fingers I can take off another 40-50lbs over the next 7 months by taking care of a few other things.

I will keep updating my results on my instagram and the blog monthly if you're interested! + Going keto can be tough at times so I would totally be happy to answer any questions if anyone has them <3 ++ Don't forget to enter my 100 days keto giveaway from April 10th - 24th :)

Comments

Popular Posts