Keto Banana (Bread) Chia Seed Pudding Recipe

Since going keto the main thing that I miss about my pre-keto life is bananas. When I was eating more of a plant based diet I used to eat a fair amount of bananas (3-4 a week) not worrying much about their contribution to my weight gain - now I realize bananas were a big problem despite how deceivingly innocent they were.

I've never been one for banana flavoured anything - but now that I don't get the real thing I have been loving sweet banana treats every now and then. My go to was my HFLC Banana Milkshake but it still comes in higher on carbs than I would like + other than the fat it is just empty calories not doing anything for me (except maybe filling me with happiness). I also tried a couple Banana Bread recipes and none of them (so far) have been able to give me what I want.



That is why I wanted to switch things up and come up with a healthy banana recipe that is packed with benefits & healthy fats for when I get that craving. Chia Seed Pudding has been one of my go-to's for some time now because it is quick & easy (seriously this takes 1 minute) + packed with healthy fats and fiber that keep you full and keep cravings at bay. This recipe can be adjusted to your taste and which sweeteners you use just remember to calculate your macros accordingly if you make any changes. (+ for a vegan version simply swap the heavy whipping cream for coconut cream - it gives it amazing flavour)


Banana 'Bread' Chia Seed Pudding Recipe

  • 1/2 cup Organic Almond Milk (or other milk of choice)
  • 2 TBSP Heavy Whipping Cream (or Coconut Cream if vegan)
  • 1 + 1/2 tsp Banana Extract
  • 1/8 tsp. Liquid Stevia (or Monk Fruit, if swapping for Erythritol you'll wanna take this up to a 1/2 tsp +) 
  • 1/8 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract 
  •  3 TBSP Organic Chia Seeds '
  1.  Mix all ingredients in order (trust me doing it in order will yield the best results) in a mason jar 
  2. Shake shake shake it up 
  3. Put in fridge for 4-12 hours (I like to leave it overnight for super easy breakfast) 
  4. Top it how you like - my favourites are fresh whipped cream, walnuts & nutmeg, organic blueberries, peanut butter (takes me back to the days of a PB & B sandwich), or sugar free chocolate chips
  5. Enjoy! 

As always I recommend calculating your own macros because they can vary by brand but mine came in at: 190 calories (yes! that's right!!) for the entire recipe (before adding toppings), 19.6g of fat!, 5.5g net carbs (+ 8 grams of heart healthy fiber), & 7.6g protein.



Comments

Popular Posts